Monday 8 August 2011

Year so far

Woe its been a bit busy recently and I haven't had chance to reflect on what I have achieved this year.  My goals for this season was to lose weight and take part in some competitive cycling.  Well I think I achieved booth of these goals.  I have lost 2 stone in weight and kept it off, I took part in my first Mountain Bike event and I have taken part in three time trials. 

What have i learnt?  I have learnt that goal setting is a huge part of this sport.  I set goals and worked hard to achieve them although I have covered less mileage than last year mainly due to being occupied with getting my coaching sorted I am still happy.

It is now time to start thinking forward.  I have the Manchester 100 in September and that will be my last event of 2011.  I need to think what I want to achieve next year and how I am going to do it.  Competitive cycling is one of my goals and I need to use my skills learnt as a coach to start implementing this. 

If any one has any ideas for a good winter training programme please drop me a message....

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment