Tuesday 5 April 2011

Back on the road

Last week as the weather has improved I dragged my Boardman out the garage kicking and screaming and gave it a wash.  Just looking at it reminded me how much I enjoy the pleasure of road riding either on my my own, out with a good friend or out with the road guys of North Cheshire Clarion.  So I don my Lycra, drag my Boardman helmet out of its case and find my Shimano R086 Shoes and headed off with a mate for a ten mile gentle ride.  This ten miles soon turned into 15 and I was surprised to see i had managed 15mph average.

Saturday I went back to the Mountain Biking, a took my new Kona Kikapu build out for a play round Coed Llandegla in North Wales.  Wow what a day, to say we flew was an understatement.  The Kona has brought back a load of confidence I lost to the point that i was enjoying getting some air over the jumps again.  We managed to get round the red run in 1hr 45 which is the quickest I have ever been round (even though one of our riders Jason had to buy the whitest shoes ever before hand)

Sunday, I was back out on the Boardman with a mate and covered 18 miles.  I felt great towards the end and did a big turn on the front keep my speed about 19 - 20mph for a good 2 miles.

I feel good (apart from being tired due to work) and am planning on riding tomorrow night and try and get 25 miles in the legs ready for the clubs version of Paris - Roubaix over the cobbles in Grappenhall.....

No comments:

Post a Comment