Tuesday 8 March 2011

The next steps

Having achieved my first goal of the year and losing a stone it is now time to set my sites on another goal.  Firstly my next step is drop to 14st which means i need to drop 1st 3lbs over the coming weeks.  I have a holiday booked in June and I want to be at or below that target by then. 

Secondly, I want to become a cycling coach and will be taking my first tentative steps into this in May when myself and two others from North Cheshire Clarion will be undertaking the Level 2 Go Ride Cycling Course.  The aim of this course is provide the coach with enough training to handle teaching kids how to ride and to hopefully install some competitiveness into kids.  My training manuals arrived on Saturdays so I have a lot of reading to do before it starts.

On Sunday, 5 MTB riders went to Gisburn Forest to sample a different trail centre.  Gisburn Forest is located just north of Clitheroe on the edge of the Pennies and is a part forest, part quarry type ride.  The first half of the ride was very very tough and through very narrow sections of forest where there was just no flow.  The second half of the centre opened up with some impressive berms and single track which really made up for the first half.  I really need to build my confidence at centres like this as there are some pretty big rocks and the whole route is rocky.  My slow speed skills need vastly improving now and that is one of my goals for his season. 

As the weather keeps improving my mind is turning to getting the road bike out and dusted off now.  With lighter evenings and hopefully some warmer weather I am hoping to really up my mileage.  Last year I was out most evenings covering anything from 15 to 40 miles.  Please hurry up spring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment