Tuesday 15 February 2011

Run fat boy Run

Well my confirmation has arrived that for third time in three years I am taking part in the Bupa Manchester 10k on the 16th May.  I will be running on behalf of Diabetes UK who provide excellent support to Diabetics. 

This means I am going to have to dust off my running shoes, dig out my short shorts and my running tops and take to the streets.  Last year myself and the wife did it in 1hr 13minutes and the challenge this year is to shave at least 13 seconds off this time  With lots of training this should be easily achievable.  Hopefully all the cycling and spinning will have helped with the cardio.  I can't wait.

On another positive note I have lost another pound this week taking me down to 15st 9lbs.  My aim is to be down to 14st before I go on holiday in June so keeping away from cake and other fatty foods till then (which isn't easy as my wife has discovered she is a dab hand at making cake).....

Sunday the North Cheshire Clarion Mountain Bikers are off to Coed Y Llandegla (if its open) for a blast round the trails.  I am really looking forward to this especially as my bike is running smoothly for once.  I will be taking a HD video camera with me to hopefully capture some awesome downhill and jumps.  Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment