Sunday 23 January 2011

Training and Annual Dinner

This weekend I went mountain biking in Delamere with another North Cheshire Clarion member Si.  The first time we went (earlier in January)  I really struggled with all the little hills.  This time I noticed that the turbo sessions were paying off and I had excellent stamina and strength in my legs for the whole time we were out.  We rode for about an hour with little stopping and although I was warming up I didn't feel out of breathe or that I had pushed myself.  Next Sunday were off to Rivington for some fantastic climbs and some great descents. 

On Saturday night it was the clubs first ever annual dinner and we had the pleasure of Denise Hampson, the former British Track Champion giving a speech, and giving us some motivation as to be a good sprinter on the road.  I found her talk to be very inspirational and gave good insight into how Team GB works.  I had to give the "Chairmans" address to room full of people and to say I was nervous is an understatement.  But with most things about this club there was a lot of support and even though I stuttered my way through my 5 minutes everyone was very supportive.  I have to say a huge thank you to two members, Sarah and Matt who organised, decorated and put everything together to make that night what it was,  Your hardwork is appreciated and that cake was gorgeous (im not going on the scales now haha)

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I doubt to a loss.  Pizza and chocolate Friday night, A three course meal and a skinfull of calorie high beer Saturday night, A full English this morning and a chippie tonight is not the best diet but this week will see the return to diet eating and lots of exercise including playing Badminton with my wife on Wednesday night., 

No comments:

Post a Comment